Thursday 27 March 2008

Let's Get Down to Business


I wondered whether I should start with a story of today, or a story in the past.

I think today's story wins the day...

Scottish Labour's having a hard time. We have the leader. We have the talent. We have the policies. But we don't have the votes.

The SNP's over- confident, yet sharp and calculated campaign, left the other parties who looked upon it in awe. How did we respond? Panic.

I have heard it said internally and externally that we were lucky not to lose by 20 seats, and that we would have lost by that many had we not run the negative campaign we did. I was never so sure. I believe it should have been different, and what's more frustrating is that it could have been different.

People want to be inspired for a better tomorrow, not just reminded of yesterday's success.

We do offer a different tomorrow, we just need to make the people know what's on offer.

No comments: