Wednesday 17 September 2008

Uh... Excuses excuses...

Well I've just started at Edinburgh Uni this week, and unfortunately the internet has not graced our flat yet, so blogging is a bit behind to say the least...

I have phoned the good people of Tiscali who have informed me that my router and cables are on their way, so I should be online in no time.

I was really disappointed about David Cairns resigning from the Government yesterday. I spent a fair bit of time with him in a by election a couple of years ago. Except at the time I had no idea who he was. We spent the day together leafleting and having lunch, then at the end of the day he gave me and my good friend money for fish suppers. Later on that evening people asked us if we knew who he was, and we were like, "Yeh, that's David. You'd like him, he's really cool."

Then they broke the news to me that he was Minister of State for the Scotland Office.

"Ahh... Right..."

A little embarrassing, but encouraging and refreshing too. A really good guy.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Good story. I really enjoyed his resignation speech, it seemed more human and genuine than the usual kind.

So yeah, he seems like a good guy, but I'm sure he'll be back.


(Good luck with Tiscali, prepare yourself for an absolute battle though...)