Thursday 2 October 2008

$&(*£$*(£$"!$*(&?!


Margaret Thatcher, unfortunately very much alive with power in Scotland and the UK today

One week Salmond says he "didn't mind" Thatcher economics, and a fortnight later Cameron says "Thank God we elected Margaret Thatcher".

I was really really really surprised Cameron said that yesterday, I think it was a politically foolish move... And if I had more than 3 minutes of internet time to comment on it then I would.

Don't say I didn't tell you though...

(Still no internet... May have to start using semaphore. Or Indian smoke signals.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know Matt, I was just logging on to heartily agree with your Barack Obama comments in your previous posting (and I still do) but I'm afraid you've let yourself down very badly with this one.

Salmond's clear point was that in his view Scots disliked Thatcher's economic policies, but disliked her social agenda even more. If you can't discern that from his words then I pray you're not studying English language at uni.

Also - help me out here - Alex Salmond, Gordon Brown and David Cameron. One of these three has recently had the said Lady Thatcher round to tea. Which of them was it?

And I think you overestimate the extent to which Thatcher is still the political bogeyman. In a couple of months time there will be voters in this country who weren't even born when she left office. The people who hate Thatcher that much are extremely unlikely to vote Tory under any circumstances.

And please don't try and deflect this one as Thatcher worship on my part - I detest the woman.