Thursday 10 April 2008

Yes We Can




Obama Rally

4.30pm

Scottish Parliament

Saturday 12th April


I, like an increasing amount of others, have taken up a bit of (when I say a bit of I of course mean a completely obsessive addiction) interest in the movement taking place in America.
It is an exciting time for America and the world. People are really starting to question Barack Obama's depth and policies. I say, "Who cares?".

My father was born in a world where blacks didn't even have equal rights in America, and now, in his working life time, I believe he will see a black President of the United States. What a movement to be a part of. What a feeling.

"I am asking you to believe. Not in my ability to bring about real change in Washington... I'm asking you to believe in yours"

Whatever type of President he becomes, and whatever he does, he is asking not just for votes, but for people's belief that a different world is possible. That is wonderful. Just wonderful.

If you can join us on Saturday, please do.

No comments: