Friday 29 August 2008

GlasGAY 2008

A rainbow over the streets of Glasgow


I am pretty gutted that due to a rehearsal tomorrow I am missing this year's gay pride rally and march. I am sure it will be to the mutual relief and forgiveness of the gay community to know that I am in fact missing it because of a rehearsal for a musical. Seriously. And if we can't trigger social, cultural and political change through the median of musical dramatics then how can can we?

I did find it mildly amusing to learn that this year Glasgow and Edinburgh are holding their rallies seperately, due to a feud between the two coasts' organisers... (Now I'm not saying anything, but I bet the popular Republican fundraising annual Texas beard and moustache competition doesn't have to put up with that kind of shit...)

*I jest I jest*

But I do think it's a shame they're not doing it together. Seriously!

So for all you wanting to stand up and speak out with pride and with I am sure a few laughs and good music, they will be meeting...



BLYSTHWOOD SQUARE


Glasgow


11.30 am


Deputy First Minister Nicola Sturgeon will be a guest speaker


Have a great time everybody!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi please could you retitle your blog entry "Gay Pride Glasgow" as it is not an official "Glasgay" event and we prefer not to confuse people when referring to the Glasgay festival.