Wednesday 6 August 2008

Google Analytics

Me and Pies installing Google Analytics

Today I am delighted to announce that I have installed yet another computer programme I can't spell.

I have heard that 'Google Analytics' allows you to see how many people go onto your site and where in the world they have come from, which I think is pretty interesting. It also displays how long people spend on your site, and so it should give me an idea as to what people enjoy reading etc.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank my friend Pies, who helped me 'source and edit the code' (**WTF**?!) I needed to install this.

My line graph has informed me that no fewer than 9 whole people have visited my site today, each spending almost 3 minutes on my site. That's almost half an hour of reading time, which is longer than Rangers spent in the European Cup, so I don't think I'm doing too badly.

1 comment:

Jacq Kelly said...

Oh my god. I can barely work out how to do the basics with my blog, never mind my LiveJournal, which I have just set up. I think I will have to give this one a body swerve.